Procedure for Handling Complaints of Discrimination
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.
To file a discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete Form AD-3027, which is available in print at the childs school kitchen or on our website. A verbal request can be made as well. A log will be kept in the school kitchen and available upon request.
Steps to follow:
1. Name, address, email address, and telephone number.
2. The specific location and name of the entity providing benefits.
3. A description of a specific action that caused the complainant to believe that discrimination was a factor.
4. Name and title, if known, and addresses of person or persons who may have knowledge of the discriminatory action.
5. The date of the alleged discriminatory action occurred or the duration of such action.
6. Complaints of discrimination must be filed within 180 days of the alleged discrimination.
Complaints of discrimination should be given to the Chief Nutrition Officer of Child Nutrition Services, Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction. This information will be forward to the Food & Nutrition Service, Western Regional Office, San Francisco.